You must be knowing about Google Newsstand & Google Current application that is available on both android and ios platform. If not, let me help you. Google Newsstand and Google Currents is a News Platform that serves National, International and almost every news through different channels that include all the big industries like TechCrunch, mashable, Forbes, entrepreneur and many more including BloggerPlay.
Google Newsstand & Google Currents not only provides news feeds, but it’s another way to promote your blog in two ways:-
1. Get more traffic and visitors to your blog
Around 20% Increment to the blog traffic according to what I receive through it. It Nearly generates around 5k-6k views a month through newsstand android application and around 1.5k-2k visitors from IOS application of Google Newsstand. I started last year in august in Google Newsstand and in total, I have received a Total of 70k+ visitors just through Google Newsstand till now.
2. Increase your AdSense Earnings
This may make you happy and will sound great that Google Newsstand Application also supports Adsense which will directly add and contribute to your AdSense earnings. It was a total of 26% increase in earnings from Google Adsense. Not only this, it share the same CTR rate as on your blog. So you can publish your producer content and have it live with earning some more from your blog.
Sounds Great! Isn’t it. This will definitely help you a lot. Also, it brings one more thing to your blog, Loyal Readers. Loyal Readers in terms of reading through newsstand and google currents. People once read your blog, and if they find it interesting and knowledgeable, they become your loyal readers and they tend to check everyday about the updates. And sometimes, they also subscribe to your blog. Today In this awesome post, I’ll tell you how to add your blog to Google Newsstand and Google Currents with screenshots
Getting Started with adding your Blog to Google Newsstand
Google not just allows you to add your blog to Newsstand, but it also let you stylize according to you, what font you like, or what color, or show images/or not and many more.
1. The First Requirement to get started is requirement of Google Chrome, Because it will give more features of customizations like fonts, colors, layout and many more. If you have it, just follow the below steps and if not, download it from here.
2. Visit Google Producer Tool and sign in with your account (google). You’ll be redirected to the screen just like the above one.
3. Go to the “edition settings” and enter your Edition Name, Information, Cover Image, Google Analytics and others.
4. Now, there are two options that you manually add your blog posts to it and give a kickstart, and other easy and recommended way is to add directly and automatically via feed. For this go to Sections Tab and Create a New Section.
5. Give your Section a name and enter your feed url like mine feeds.feedburner.com/BloggerPlay. If you don’t know your, it might be the “yourwebsite.com/feed”. This will generate articles automatically and list them on Google Currents and Google Newsstand.
6. Before making it live and accessible to the world, you have to verify the ownership. For this, visit Distribute Tab and verify the ownership
7. Now the Earning Part, Visit Ads tab and click on setup section and follow the steps mentioned there.
8. Done, Congratulations, you have successfully added your blog to Google Newsstand and Google Currents.
Now if you have an Android or an IOS Phone, just download the Google Newsstand app and have a look at it. If you are not satisfy with it, do customize it.
Hope you enjoyed it. And Please be patient about it. I am sure it will help you generate more blog traffic and earnings. Do give it publicity by sharing on all the networks.